BowWow Fun Towne has gone to the dogs… We are a doggie daycare where a dog can be a dog. They can hang out with their pals, play, rest, eat and then play some more. We cater to every dog and their every need. We don’t believe you can spoil your best friend too much—and our doggie daycare is the perfect place for spoiling. We service your canine pals from many locations: Brier, Kenmore, Lake Forest Park, Bothell, Lake City, Kirkland, Mountlake Terrace, Shoreline, Edmonds, Lynnwood, Seattle & more! We provide the following services: dog day care, boarding, self wash, full service grooming, doggie swimming pool and a pet store — BowWow Fun Towne is a total care facility for your very best friend!
Read our latest News:
Tips to Keep Your Puppy Safe in the Springtime
Springtime is a time of new beginnings, and with that comes new puppies…and there is nothing sweeter. You see them in pet stores, in front of grocery stores, they’re given as Easter gifts, or they’re just so cute you can’t resist getting one for yourself and your family.
For many of you, this isn’t the first time you’ve gotten a new puppy, but for many others it’s your first experience. Getting a new “best friend” comes with a lot of responsibility, and because you care, you will want to put safety at the top of your list. So, whether you’re a seasoned dog owner or not, these springtime safety tips might help you avoid an avoidable accident with your new pup.
Tips to Keep Your Puppy Safe:
- Start off right…get your puppy tagged. Not only is it the law, but puppies like to run and explore, which sometimes leads to them wandering off and getting lost, no matter how hard you try to keep them contained. Wearing an ID tag and license is the best way to ensure your little friend will get returned home.
- Part of the fun of having a new dog is being able to take them with you when you go to the park or the beach, which means travelling in the car. When they’re young is a great time to begin teaching them the proper way to travel…restrained. Letting a dog wander loose in a moving vehicle is dangerous for them and for everyone else.
- Puppies love to chew! Many of them will chew on just about anything. While you might think it’s all right for them to chew on grass and plants, it’s not necessarily…many plants are not only toxic to humans, but to animals also. Know what’s in your yard, and keep fido from chewing on such plants as:
- Morning Glory
- You will also need to watch your puppy around “cut” flowers that you might bring in the house.
- Go to this link for a more complete list of toxic plants
- Spring is also the time of year we start working in our yards, which means fertilizer and weed killer. While these substances are good for your yard, they’re not good for your puppy, in fact some of them can be fatal. Read and follow the directions in regards to pets very carefully, and whenever possible use alternative methods to achieve your purposes.
- Spring is also a time for spring cleaning. Keep in mind that many of the products you may use are chemicals and can also be hazardous to your dog’s health. If you use these types of supplies, be sure you keep them stored away and out of the way of the curious tongue of your pup.
- Taking your new puppy to the park can be a lot of fun. Just remember to keep your dog from chewing on sticks. Although this may seem harmless, sticks can break up in you pet’s mouth and cause choking or can get lodged in their throat causing serious injuries.
- Ticks and fleas begin their reign of terror during the spring…talk to your veterinarian about a good plan of protection.
- Spring is also the time for pollens…and yes, dogs can have allergies too, which can cause sneezing, sniffling or appear as skin problems. Don’t let them suffer, make an appointment with your veterinarian.
At BowWow Fun Towne, we take our responsibility of watching your pet very seriously, and take every precaution to provide a safe environment when they come to play.