BowWow Fun Towne will be open 7 days a week for all services starting August 3rd
BowWow Fun Towne will resume all services (day care, boarding, puppy preschool, swimming pool and self wash) starting August 3rd. We will take extra precaution to keep everyone safe and healthy. We will require all customers to wear face covering and maintain social distance. BowWow Fun Towne staff are required to wear mask and daily temperature will be taken. Lobby will be disinfected hourly. Curbside drop off/pick up is available. Please watch the video for proper protocol of conducting business at BowWow Fun Towne.
BowWow Fun Towne has gone to the dogs… We are a doggie daycare where a dog can be a dog.
At BowWow Fun Towne your dog will enjoy spending time with his/her friends, getting great exercise and being cared for by human friends who love dogs and enjoy interacting with them. While you’re gone, you can rest assured that your dog is not only happy, but feels secure and is continuously receiving positive reinforcement and training throughout the entire day as we practice basic cues.
We believe in offering your pup positive reinforcement and enrichment in a fun learning environment, by rewarding him with a marker (clicker) and treats to reinforce appropriate behaviors. Your dog will love being with our employees, who take the time to stimulate him with interactive obedience cues and while offering plenty of opportunities to socialize with other pups. Doggie Daycare is not just about dog-sitting, we’re here to support you in your efforts to have a well mannered pet!
We believe the goal for the best doggie daycare should be to provide both physically and mentally stimulating activities for your pup…to keep him active and learning throughout the day.
BowWow Fun Towne is your local neighborhood dog day care where your canine pals from many locations: Brier, Kenmore, Lake Forest Park, Bothell, Lake City, Kirkland, Mountlake Terrace, Shoreline, Edmonds, Lynnwood, Seattle & more! We provide the following services: dog day care, boarding, self wash, full service grooming, doggie swimming pool and a pet store — BowWow Fun Towne is a total care facility for your very best friend!
Read our latest News:
How To Protect Your Dog From The Trauma Of Fireworks
I have posted these 4th of July tips before, but they are good reminders of how you can take care of your furry friends and save them from the trauma of the celebration.
It’s that time of year again…BOOM!
Most everyone looks forward to celebrating the 4th of July with flags, bar-b-ques, picnics in the park, afternoons at the beach and fireworks! Most everyone that is except your dog…and I can almost guarantee your dog won’t have as much fun as you.
Sure, they like the park, the beach and the activities, but the fireworks…not so much! In fact, for most dogs, the 4th can be their worst nightmare.
If there is one thing that can send your dog into a panic, it’s the constant banging of firecrackers (legal or not), and the thunderous booms from aerial firework displays.
These stressful, frightening sounds can cause your pup to:
- Hide in fear
- Shake and tremble
- Howl or bark uncontrollably
- Stop eating
- Have diarrhea or lose control of their bladder
Even worse, the 4th of July is a prime time for animals to bolt from their yard or home, get in an accident or get lost. No one wants to put their dog through any or all of that experience.
How can you prepare your dog for the 4th of July?
You may not be able to totally protect your dog from the noises that go on, but you can reduce a lot of stress by following these tips:
- Bring your dog inside, never leave him outside on the 4th.
- If you are going to be home, know what time the fireworks will be starting so you can have your dog safely situated in a safe, quiet place. (You can safely count on the bangs and booms going off most of the day)
- Try to take your pup out for a nice long walk before the noise begins. And make sure his collar or harness is fitted correctly so he won’t get free if by chance he gets frightened. The exercise might also make him tired enough that he will sleep through all of the festivities.
- If you are going to the park or somewhere else, the safest thing is to prepare Fido before you leave, and leave him/her at home in his safe place. Although it’s preferable to leave them at home, if for some reason it’s not possible, be sure they are on a leash or in a pet carrier, and well-secured.
- Your home should be a safe haven for you pup, prepare it by:
- Having a few lights on
- Have soothing music playing or even have the TV on to mute out the bangs and booms.
- Prepare an “inside” room for your dog, with comfortable bedding, plenty of water, food and some of his favorite toys.
- Never have your dog around while doing your own yard displays.
Additional Safety Precautions
- Be certain that your dog is properly ID’d. In the event he “escapes”. This may be the only way you will be able to be reunited.
- Collars and dog tags can come off and get lost, 2 more dependable ways to ID your dog are microchips or tattoos.
- Also have a recent photo of your dog just in case he gets away.
- A great product called “Thunder Shirts” may be worn to help reduce stress. Thunder Shirts is an anxiety wrap for dogs…it provides constant gentle pressure which produces a feeling of security and a calming effect. They are designed with your pup in mind, and are simple safe and effective. If you don’t have access to one, a tight fitting t-shirt will help a lot.
- Glow sticks have become very popular with the kids, they love to wear them, and twirl them, some kids even like to break them open and put the liquid on their skin which makes “glow designs”. Keep them away from your dog, the chemicals are dangerous to your dog’s health as is the plastic if they chew on it.
- If these suggestion don’t work for your dog, you may want to consider asking your veterinarian about using a mild sedative.
- If you live in a neighborhood where private displays have been held, before letting your dog go outside, make sure there is no firework debris left laying around that he could chew on or ingest..
Have a great 4th of July, and make sure your dog does too!
At BowWow Fun Towne, dogs are our business, and our friends, and we understand how important your dog is to you.
We are experts in dog day care, and we care about your dog and take their health and well-being seriously – We have a Puppy Preschool that would be great to enroll your pup in! Our facility features a full size swimming pool for fun and exercise.
Join us on Facebook