BowWow Fun Towne has gone to the dogs… We are a doggie daycare where a dog can be a dog. They can hang out with their pals, play, rest, eat and then play some more. We cater to every dog and their every need. We don’t believe you can spoil your best friend too much—and our doggie daycare is the perfect place for spoiling. We service your canine pals from many locations: Brier, Kenmore, Lake Forest Park, Bothell, Lake City, Kirkland, Mountlake Terrace, Shoreline, Edmonds, Lynnwood, Seattle & more! We provide the following services: dog day care, boarding, self wash, full service grooming, doggie swimming pool and a pet store — BowWow Fun Towne is a total care facility for your very best friend!
Read our latest News:
Why and How to Choose a Good Dog Day Care
You think of your dog as a member of your family, mainly because he/she actually is, but more importantly, because you love him. That’s why when you need to leave him alone for several hours on a daily or regular basis, you feel guilty.
Why do you feel guilty? Because you know that:
- Your dog gets lonely throughout the day
- Loneliness often causes anxiety (separation anxiety)
- Your dog isn’t getting any exercise
- He gets bored, which often leads to destructive behaviors
- Your dog is social and benefits from spending time with other dogs and humans
Dog day care could be a great option for your dog. But before you run right out and drop your dog off at the nearest day care facility, there are a few things you need to consider.
How will your dog get along in daycare?
Is your dog a good candidate for dog day care? You should ask yourself these questions…
- Does you dog get along well with other dogs?
- Has he/she received all their vaccinations?
- Has he/she been neutered or spayed?
- Is your dog in control of his voice…a dog that barks all the time is no fun to have at daycare.
- Is your dog kind of laid back, and won’t enjoy the activity that goes on at a day care?
- Does your dog respond well to commands from other humans?
Once you’ve decided if your dog and day care would be a good fit, how will you decide on the best place to take her?
Choosing the right day care for your dog.
- A great place to begin is to ask people you know and trust for references. Your veterinarian is a great resource for this.
- Visit the facility, (unannounced is a great test)…
- Check for cleanliness.
- How does the staff respond to the dogs and what kind of training do they have?
- What kinds of activities are made available?
- How many dogs are typically at the day care each day, and what is the ratio of dogs to humans?
- Do the other dogs seem happy?
- Is the facility convenient either to your home or to your workplace?
- Are you allowed to bring in special foods for your dog?
- Are there plenty of toys and space to move about?
- What are the sleeping areas like?
- Does the facility have a policy on fleas?
- Are the dogs always attended to by staff?
- Will they administer medications if necessary?
- How does your dog react when it’s time to go to day care. After your dog has had time to get well acquainted with the staff, the other dogs and the facility, how he reacts when you drive up is a good indicator as to whether or not you have made the right choice.
At BowWow Fun Towne, we are experts in dog day care. We are dedicated to assisting you and providing the best care for your dog while you’re away.
Give us a call